This Technical Bulletin will describe how to modify and add a new Actuator to this list.
In P&ID when a Control Valve is placed the user is prompted to select the Valve Body and its Actuator. Once both are selected the user can select the OK button and these components will be placed.
Actuator Picklist: The Actuator pick-list enables you to define the Topworks for a Control Valve. Any Actuator symbol can be matched with any of the Valve Body symbols. The selected Actuator is previewed in the Image Tile on the right as it's slide.
We will be working with five files during the process of adding new Valve Actuators.
1. C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Bentley\Plant XM\P&ID\PID-SUP.LSP
2. C:\PROGRAM FILES\BENTLEY\PLANT XM\P&ID\AT_PID.SLB
3. C:\PROGRAM FILES\BENTLEY\PLANT XM\P&ID\Valve Actuator Block
4. C:\PROGRAM FILES\BENTLEY\PLANT XM\P&ID\Valve Actuator Slide
1. In native AutoCAD draw the Actuator as you would like to appear in P&ID
2. Zoom > Extents around the newly created Actuator.
3. Type WBLOCK and select the Insertion point where you will want it to intersect the Control Valve Body.
4. Select the Valve and save the block in the C:\PROGRAM FILES\BENTLEY\PLANT XM\P&ID\SYM\ location. In this example we will use myact.dwg as the block filename.
1. Open the newly created block. In this example we will open myact.dwg.
2. Zoom > Extents around the component.
3. Type MSLIDE at the command line and save the slide in C:\PROGRAM FILES\BENTLEY\PLANT XM\P&ID\.
NOTE: The filename MUST begin with ICV-. This is an internal system value.
NOTE: The filename MUST be a total length of 8 characters not including the file extension.
Example used in this document: ICV-MYAC.SLD
NOTE: All Actuator slides MUST be stored in C:\PROGRAM FILES\BENTLEY\PLANT XM\P&ID.
NOTE: If the AP-SLB.EXE is not located in the C:\PROGRAM FILES\BENTLEY\PLANT XM\P&ID folder please copy it into this location from C:\PROGRAM FILES\BENTLEY\PLANT XM\BIN. The AP-SLB.EXE must be in the location of the slide library/slides.
NOTE: All Actuator slides MUST be added to the AT_PID.SLB slide library.
1. Open a DOS Window. Start > Run > Type CMD and select OK.
2. Once in the DOS Window browse to the C:\PROGRAM FILES\BENTLEY\PLANT XM\P&ID folder. I.e. CD C:\PROGRAM FILES\BENTLEY\PLANT XM\P&ID
3. Once in this location run the AP-SLB.EXE file by typing AP-SLB and hit Enter on Keyboard.
4. Notice the options below in the screenshot. The command A will add a new slide into the slide library. The L will list all slides in the library.
The 2009 Report on Industrial Power-Operated, On-Off Mounted Butterfly Valve Actuators: World Market Segmentation by City
Book (ICON Group International, Inc.)
(EPC) Solenoid.If locks the TQ up,will kill eng.2010-03-13 14:37:04 by PutUrHelmetOn
It's like Direct Drive.
Electronic Pressure Control (EPC) Solenoid
The electronic pressure control (EPC) solenoid is a variable force style (VFS) solenoid. The VFS type solenoid is an electro-hydraulic actuator combining a solenoid and a regulating valve.
The powertrain control module (PCM) varies the current to the EPC solenoid.
This action causes the solenoid to regulate transmission line pressure and line modulator pressure
I'm working on a Volvo2012-09-23 16:54:31 by B4unoit
That is doing what you're talking about. It has a VVT on it and the cam actuator solenoid is bad. The valves will not open because the oil that is suppose to move through the valve is clogged as a cheap oil filter was used and particles have travelled and clogged the orifaces. Now the computer cannot control the solenoid to move the oil that adjusts the cam.
Not sure if your engine has this device on it.
Transparent artificial muscle can play music — Next Big Future
They limit the performance of interconnects, sensors, and actuators as components of stretchable electronics and soft machines.
Continental Concentrates its Know-How in Vehicle Dynamics into one Business .. — Automotive World
The comprehensive range of products includes gasoline and diesel injection systems, engine management, transmission control, including sensors and actuators, as well as fuel-supply systems and components and systems for hybrid and electric drives.
The 2007-2012 World Outlook for Industrial Power-Operated, On-Off Mounted Butterfly Valve Actuators
Book (ICON Group International, Inc)