Plagiarism is a term that most students are familiar with, and one that they try desperately to avoid. Perhaps examining some real life cases of plagiarism will further emphasize the importance of avoiding this problem.
Famous Examples of Plagiarism
A blog post by C.H. Scarlett, a published author of both fantasy novels and those of the paranormal variety, lists many of the most famous examples of plagiarism. They are as follows:
- Joseph Biden failed a course when he was in law course because he plagiarized a paper.
- Stephen Ambrose, a historical writer, used writings from other peoples' books in some of his own works.
- Rene Diekstra, a former psychology professor at Leiden University, was accused of committing plagiarism back in 1997.
- Writer Alex Haley wrote a novel, and eventually he admitted that he had plagiarized information from a book entitled The African written by Harold Courlander.
- George Harrison used the same melody in his song "My Sweet Lord" as the Chiffons did in "He's So Fine."
- When she was young, Helen Keller was accused of plagiarizing a school paper.
- Accusations have been made that Martin Luther King Jr. plagiarized some of his doctoral thesis, as well as some selections in his speeches.
- Another interesting incident involving George Harrison was when he plagiarized himself (which actually can be considered a serious issue in academia). The beginning of "I'm Looking Through You" has been said to be the same as the end of "End of the Line" from the Traveling Wilburys, a group that he belonged to.
So you don't want to see your name on the aforementioned list? The best way to avoid any sorts of issues is to just make sure that you always cite your sources. It's absolutely better to overcite than to undercite, or worse yet, not cite at all.
Partial sterling combustion engine design2008-08-28 18:29:38 by wuzawuzzal
The main idea is to have the cylinders charge and detonate fuel in an computer controlled automated way as to reduce the amount of combustion cycles that would other wise be necessary to keep the engine running.
The piston is directly connected to a pneumatic actuator that extends and retracts to either draw in fresh fuel or expel exhaust gases. A charge is loaded and valves are operated pneumatically to open a path to the drive train or to exhaust spent fuel. A pressure relief valve is installed to prevent over pressure and also to direct excess cylinder pressure to a pressure tank (not shown) to be used to power actuators
67 T-Bird Vacuum System2009-02-12 20:04:56 by 67-bird
I am restoring a 67 bird where almost everything is operated by vacuum lines including the power door locks. I have replaced all vacuum hoses and replaced the door lock actuators with new old stock and also replaced the locking and unlocking vacuum valves (three times). Is there anyone out there who has experience with the 67 Thunderbirds equiped with vacuum operated door locks? If so do you have any suggestions?
Lindal aims at eliminating the need for overcap with new actuator — Premium beauty
The Lindal Group, a global developer and manufacturer of valves, actuators and spray caps for aerosol products used in pharmaceutical, cosmetics and food applications, recently launched a new twist-lock, overcap-free actuator that it claims to ..
Lindal Group Provides Aerosol Solution for Olive Oil — Packaging Europe
.. the spray olive oils are a delight to use,” said Brand. The LINDAL Group is a worldwide leader in the development and manufacture of valves, actuators and spray caps for aerosol products and is renowned for its innovative packaging solutions.
4 Door Power Lock Conversion Kit w/ 2 Keyless Entry Remote Control Universal
Car Audio or Theater (Mega Brand)